The story behind the cookies. There is always a little bit of background as to how these became the go to snickerdoodle cookies.
I was babysitting two boys and while they were doing something I was feeling snacky, so I decided to try and make cookies. From my search I found this recipe and substituted the egg for banana and I love it! I gave the cookies to my family and they also loved it, along with the mother of the boys. Not only that, but the boys I was babysitting loved the cookies and they told me they hate bananas. A little appalled that they don’t like bananas, at least I was able to get them to eat these, haha.
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar. Then add banana and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- If dough is sticky add 1 Tablespoon flour. If dough is crumbly add 1 teaspoon of water.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in small, separate bowl.
- Make the balls about the size of a 1/4 Cup and roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mix.
- 350 degrees F for 12-15 min.
Some other substitutes you can do is: Remember the 1/2 banana replaces 1 egg
3 Tablespoons of peanut butter = 1 Egg
1/4 Cup applesauce = 1 Egg
1/2 Cup Coconut oil & 1/2 Cup water = 1 Cup Butter